For your use and enjoyment, the following Park Rules have been established by City Ordinance, and viloators of these rules are subject to fines.
PARK HOURS: Parks are closed between 12:00 Midnight and 5:00 a.m. daily.
PLAYGROUND HOURS: Playgrounds are closed between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. daily.
The following are PROHIBITED in any park or park facility controlled by the Parks and Recreation Department:
Fishing is permitted in lakes but is subject to state laws and licensing requirements.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Unauthorized motor vehicles and motorized devices on grass areas (including motorcycles, scooters, etc.) and a speed limit of 20 on all park roads
- Littering, dumping or emptying wastewater
- Disturbing or removing plants, grass, or otherwise disturbing any part of the environment
- Dogs off leash
- Failure to immediately clean up after dog or pet
- Swimming and boating in lakes or ponds
- Fires (except in designated grills)
- Vandalizing or defacing any structures or facilities
- Overnight camping
- Hunting, trapping or removal of any animal; or to let loose any animal
- Weapons of any kind except as provided for under the Texas Concealed Weapons Act
- Amplified sound
- Failure to observe posted signs in park and along trails
- Practice of athletic activities on game fields without reservation
- Model or remote control boats, planes, gliders, rockets, vehicles, etc.
- Horseback riding
- Metal Detecting
are only allowed in certain City parks. To see a list of eligible parks, click on the link: Portable Toilets
Texas Law (Chapter 75, Civil Practice and Remedies Code) limits the liability the State and Municipality or County for damages arising directly from hockey, in-line hockey, skating, in-line skating, roller-skating, skateboarding, or roller-blading on premises that the State or Municipality or County owns, operates or maintains for that purpose.
Some activities may be permitted by the Parks and Recreation Department or allowed in designated areas. Actual ordinance provisions may be viewed on-line. For more information contact:
Lubbock Parks and Recreation