Elf on the Shelf Contest
When Santa Land opens on December 10, our scout elf from the North Pole, Bo, will again be at Santa Land checking up on Lubbock children. As a scout elf, Bo’s job is to be the eyes and ears of Santa, so that he can see if area children are being naughty or nice. Using his Christmas magic, Bo flies back to the North Pole to report back to Santa and then returns to Santa Land the next day. Scout elves love to play hide and seek, so Bo will hide in a new location each day so that he can keep an eye on all the good little boys and girls in Lubbock.
With Bo’s help, Parks and Recreation is again sponsoring the Elf on the Shelf Contest at Santa Land. The winning family will receive our Grand Prize, a $500 Gift Certificate from our sponsor, Academy Sports + Outdoor! Here’s how the contest works:
- Each day, Bo finds a new hiding place at Santa Land.
- While walking around and enjoying Santa Land, families look for Bo. Once they’ve found him, they take a photo of him.
- To enter the contest, Message the photo of Bo to the Lubbock Parks and Recreation Facebook page or email it to email@example.com.
- Enter only one photo per day, but come back nightly and take a picture of Bo’s latest hiding place, and you may enter again. No duplicate photos please.
- Photos can be emailed or messaged on any day during the 14 days of Santa Land. All photos must be received no later than Noon on Saturday, December 24, 2016.
- After the close of entries, the winner of the $500 Gift Certificate to Academy Sports + Outdoors will be selected from all of our entries and announced on our Facebook page on December 28, 2016.
Santa Land is located in Mackenzie Park off of the East Broadway entrance and is open December 10-23, 2016, from 6:00-10:00 p.m. nightly. For more information, contact Parks and Recreation at (806) 775-2673 or (806) 775-2687.
The Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas book by Carol V. Aebersold and Chanda A. Bell and is available at local bookstores.