It is anticipated, and it is the goal of the City, that water use during implementation of Stage 4 be reduced to less than 50% of the City’s maximum daily supply capacity or the emergency situation has been corrected. Stage 4 of the Plan shall be implemented if any of the following conditions arise:
The following restrictions shall apply:
- Maximum day water use exceeds 105% of the City’s maximum daily supply capacity for five consecutive days.
- Water supplies available from all sources are reduced by 30% or more below projected needs.
- There has been a failure in a major water supply source or system, such as the failure of a dam, storage reservoir, pumping system, transmission pipeline, water treatment facility, major power failure, natural disaster that causes a severe and prolonged limit on the ability of the water supply system to meet the water supply demands.
- All aesthetic and non-essential water use, including landscape irrigation use, is prohibited, except where necessary to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public. No new landscape material may be installed.
- All City of Lubbock operations will adhere to the water use restrictions.
- The City of Lubbock may reduce water system pressure to conserve water.