Regulating the Use & Operation of Alarm Systems General Guidelines and Instructions Step 1. Permit Application
Applications for alarm permits are available for download below. The application form should be printed and then completed according to the listed instructions.
Forms may not be completed and submitted via the Internet or by other electronic means. Application forms may also be picked up at the Alarm Registration Room adjacent to the Lubbock Police Department Records counter, located at 916 Texas Ave. (10th & Texas) from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. Application forms will not be available on City of Lubbock holidays.
Each application should be completed using the following steps as a guide. Please refer to the Ordinance for specific information required.
Step 2. Return of Application
- Applicant’s full legal name, including any and all other name(s) by which the applicant has been known;
- If applicant is a business, the complete business name or title used for the alarm site;
- If the applicant is a corporation, the exact corporate name, state of incorporation, and the name of its Chief Executive Officer;
- Complete address of alarm site, if alarm site is a multi-unit structure, include apartment number, building number, or unit number if applicable;
- Telephone number at the alarm site;
- Current residence address and telephone number of applicant, if different than above;
- Indicate type of permit applied for, residential, commercial, or other;
- Indicate the type of alarm at the alarm site, burglary (intrusion), or robbery;
- Indicate the normal operating hours of the business;
- Name, address, and telephone number of the individual or business monitoring the alarm system;
- Name, address, and telephone number of at least one person who has been designated to respond to the alarm site when notified by the police department in the event of an alarm activation;
- List any special conditions or hazards at the alarm site, such as dogs, electric fence, etc.;
- The applicant should verify that all the information contained in the application is true and correct, that the applicant has read the provisions of this Ordinance, and is and will remain in compliance. The applicant understands that the application fee of fifty dollars ($50.00)* is non-refundable whether or not the permit is issued. Applicant must initial in each of the four places provided to acknowledge each of these statements.
- If the applicant is an individual, the application should be signed and verified by the applicant;
- If the applicant is a partnership, the application should be signed and verified by at least one of its general partners;
- If the applicant is a corporation or other entity, the application should be signed and verified by the president of the corporation or entity or other agent authorized to sign on behalf of the corporation;
- Applicant must provide their date of birth in the space provided on the application as proof the applicant is at least seventeen (17) years of age, and must furnish legal proof of name when presenting the application. Valid proof of name can be a current state issued driver's license or identification card, or certified birth certificate; and
- Applicant must pay the application fee of fifty dollars ($50.00)* at the time the application is returned to the Police Department. Make checks payable to "City of Lubbock".
- *PLEASE NOTE: For HOMEOWNERS registering for a permit for their HOME, the application fee is $25 if the homeowner is 65 years of age or older
The application may be brought to the Lubbock Police Department at 916 Texas Ave. (10th & Texas), or mailed to LPD Neighborhood Services, P.O. Box 2000, Lubbock, Texas 79457. Applicants can come to the Alarm Registration Room adjacent to the Lubbock Police Department Records counter for Alarm Ordinance related business. Applications will be accepted during Alarm Permit Office Hours
. APPLICATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED DURING OTHER DAYS OR HOURS IF PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE WITH ONE OF THE PERSONNEL FROM THE NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICES UNIT.
Applications will not be accepted on City of Lubbock holidays. Applicants must ensure applications are completed according to Lubbock City Ordinance Number 2001-00087
prior to returning to the Police Department.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applicants must also pay the application fee and show legal proof of name and age at the time the application is returned. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. Step 3. Payment of Fees
Payment of all fees for violations
assessed under this Ordinance must be paid to the Lubbock Police Department. Fees may be paid in person or by mail.
Fees paid in person must be made at 916 Texas Ave. (10th & Texas) in the Alarm Registration Room, adjacent to the Lubbock Police Department Records counter. Payments will be accepted during Alarm Permit Office Hours
. PAYMENTS CAN BE ACCEPTED DURING OTHER DAYS OR HOURS IF PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE WITH ONE OF THE PERSONNEL FROM THE NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICES UNIT.
Payments will not be accepted on City of Lubbock holidays. Fees may also be paid by mail, but must be addressed exactly as shown in correspondence letters to ensure proper credit.
Fees paid in person may be money order, personalized check or credit card. Fees paid by mail may only be money order or personalized check. The Lubbock Police Department no longer takes cash payments. Make checks or money orders payable to "City of Lubbock
". Step 4. Permit Renewal Permit renewals may be done by mail or in person.
To renew by mail
, specific instructions contained in renewal notice letters must be strictly followed. The application form should be filled out in its entirety and signed by the applicant. All renewals done by mail must include either a copy of the applicant's driver's license, or the driver's license number of the applicant written on the application. Renewal applications received without legal proof of identification will not be accepted. Renewal payments received without a completed renewal application form will be returned.
Checks or money orders should be made payable to the "City of Lubbock
" in the amount of $50.00* unless the renewal fee is no charge. The Lubbock Police Department no longer accepts cash payments. Renewals sent by mail must be addressed exactly as shown in correspondence letters to ensure proper credit.
*($25.00 for HOMEOWNER Applicants registering an alarm for their HOME if the applicant is 65 years of age or older.)
Alarm permit renewals may also be done in person
. To renew in person, come to the Alarm Registration Room adjacent to the Lubbock Police Department Records counter, located at 916 Texas Ave. (10th & Texas) during Alarm Permit Office Hours
. Renewals made in person may be paid by money order, personalized check or credit card. Renewals will not be accepted on City of Lubbock holidays that coincide with one of these days. RENEWALS CAN BE ACCEPTED DURING OTHER DAYS OR HOURS IF PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE WITH ONE OF THE PERSONNEL FROM THE NEIGHBORHOOD SERVICES UNIT. Step 5. Disposition of Citations
Disposition of all fine citations issued for violations of this Ordinance and all questions relating to these citations must go to Lubbock Municipal Court, located at 915 Ave. J, Lubbock, Texas 79401, (806) 775-2473, in accordance with the printed instructions on the back of the citation.
6. Ordinance Regulatory Unit
This Ordinance for the most part, will be maintained, managed, and enforced by the Neighborhood Services Unit of the Lubbock Police Department, 916 Texas Ave., Lubbock, Texas 79401. If you need more information, Contact the Neighborhood Services Unit
. Read Alarm Ordinance Download Alarm Permit Application