Pumpkin Trail ~ Display Guidelines 2013
5th Annual Pumpkin Trail
October 17-20, 2013 ● Th/Su 6-9 pm ● Fr/Sa 6-10 pm
Lubbock Memorial Arboretum ● 4111 University
Lubbock Municipal Garden and Arts Center ● 4215 University
Each year, local non-profits and businesses participate in the Pumpkin Trail by hosting themed displays that lead participants along the trail. The public loves the displays, and they make great spots to take family photos! To become a display host, call "Pumpkin Central" aka Hodges Community Center at (806) 767-3706!
- Display Application: All potential hosts must complete a Pumpkin Trail Display and Guidelines form and turn it into or fax it to Hodges Community Center, 4011 University, (806) 767-3706, Fax-(806) 767-3707, by October 1, 2013.
- Space is Limited: We have only approximately 30 display sites available. Sponsors are guaranteed a display site should they choose to host one!
- Lubbock Parks and Recreation: We will provide the candles and/or battery-operated candles, one solar spotlight, 8 1/2" by 11" orange trail sign, and 24-hour security for the duration of the event!
- Signage: Use your own signage and stakes. Must be able to withstand high winds. No size limits, but appropriate for the size of the display.
- Display Setup: Setup of displays will be on Thursday, October 17, from 8:00 am-3:00 pm at Lubbock Memorial Arboretum, 4111 University. The Pumpkin Trail opens at 6:00 pm on that same night! The entrance to get your displays to the trail is located on the north side of the Arboretum back by the ball field fence. We have a gator and trailer to help you reach your site.
- Display Pickup: Pickup of display materials will be on Monday, October 21, from 8:00 am-Noon. We will throw out all pumpkins. Any props that you don't want thrown away should be picked up by noon.
Crowd Favorites from Pumpkin Trail 2012
- Approximate # of Carved Pumpkins: 15 Minimum - Pumpkins must be carved. Painting is allowed as long as pumpkins are carved out.
- Hay Bales: 3 provided - Hosts may request one additional hay bale for every 10 pumpkins over the required 15 pumpkins.
- Lighting: We provide one solar spotlight per display. Additional lights must be approved by staff. Only solar-powered lights will be allowed (no electricity on trail). NO Generators will be allowed.
- Theme and Description of Display: Must be family friendly! For some great ideas, see the photo gallery below!
- Size of Display - Standard: 6’ x 4’ Minimum
- Layout: For displays larger than the 6’ X 4” standard, applications should include a layout of their display including length and width, and location of hay and any props. Larger displays will be located in areas with more space and will be set back from the trail so that we avoid congestion issues along the trail.