ELF ON THE SHELF CONTEST RETURNS TO SANTA LAND!
When Santa Land opens on December 10, our scout elf from the North Pole, Bo, will again be at Santa Land checking up on Lubbock children. As a scout elf, Bo’s job is to be the eyes and ears of Santa, so that he can see if area children are being naughty or nice. Using his Christmas magic, Bo flies back to the North Pole to report back to Santa and then returns to Santa Land the next day. Scout elves love to play hide and seek, so Bo will hide in a new location each day so that he can keep an eye on all the good little boys and girls in Lubbock.
With Bo’s help, Parks and Recreation and Betenbough Homes are sponsoring the Elf on the Shelf Contest at Santa Land. The winning family will receive our Grand Prize, an iPad Mini 2, sponsored by Betenbough Homes! Here’s how it works:
- Each day, Bo finds a new hiding place at Santa Land.
- While walking around and enjoying Santa Land, families look for Bo.Once they’ve found him, they take a photo of him.
- To enter the contest, Message the photo of Bo to the Lubbock Parks and Recreation Facebook page or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter only one photo per day, but come back nightly and take a picture of Bo’s latest hiding place, and you may enter again.No duplicate photos please.
- Photos can be emailed or messaged on any day during the 14 days of Santa Land. All photos must be received no later than Noon on Wednesday, December 24, 2014.
- After the close of entries, the winner of the iPad Mini 2 will be selected from all of our entries and announced on our Facebook page.
For more information, contact Parks and Recreation at 775-2673 or 775-2687.
Santa Land is located in Mackenzie Park off of the East Broadway entrance and is open December 10-23, 2013 from 6:00-10:00 p.m. nightly.
The Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas book by Carol V. Aebersold and Chanda A. Bell and is available at local bookstores.