To protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens through:
- Preventing epidemics and the spread of disease,
- Educating and empowering people to adopt healthy and responsible behaviors,
- Promoting the quality and accessibility of health services, and
- Developing new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
The City of Lubbock Health Department rightfully provides leadership for and within the community in providing essential services that:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Inform, educate and empower people about health issues.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Conduct and/or participate in research that will develop new insights and innovative solutions.