Bidding Procedures & Requirements
Eligible bidders may bid on Housing Rehabilitation, Housing Reconstruction, and any other Federal, State, or HOME funded projects through the Housing Section of Community Development. To become an eligible bidder:
Complete an application with an annual NON-REFUNDABLE
registration fee of $100.00. Each Contractor MUST REGISTER
each year beginning January 1. (This includes Sub-Contractors i.e. Plumbers, Electricians, and HVAC)
- Register with City of Lubbock Building Inspection Department annually
- A minimum of $100,000 General Liability Policy is required
- Good previous work experience is required and three (3) jobs will be inspected by Inspector's Committee prior to decision, in related work field.
- Must be an approved eligible contractor to bid on jobs
- Once an approved contractor, a bid will be awarded to the lowest, most responsible bidder. All qualified bidders will receive consideration for award of contract without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
A probationary period of six (6) months will be in place for all new Contractors and Contractors that violate the "Retention Standards" and put on probation.
All approved active bidding contractors will be awarded low bidder jobs and will be allowed to have future pre-approved low bids. A contractor may have up to (3) large projects, IE; Residential Rehabilitation or Reconstruction at any one time. For additional information, please contact: