Vital Statistics office is located Room 102 at Lubbock City Hall, 1625 13th Street
. Office Hours for Vital Records:
Monday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
(The office is open during the Noon - 1pm lunch hour)
This office is responsible for filing all births, deaths, and fetal certificate in Lubbock County.
There are three deputy registrars in this office to assist customers to notarized documents pertaining to vital records such as amending a birth or death certificate, filing a delay birth certificate or Acknowledgement of Paternity.
Since 1992 this office utilized a project "Remote Site Access" provided by the Texas Department of Health Bureau of Vital Statistics. This project enabled our office to service the citizens of Lubbock County and other citizens born in other county within the State of Texas to receive their birth certificate. Qualified Applicants:
A qualified applicant is defined as the registrant or immediate family member either by blood or marriage, his or her guardian, or his or her legal representative.
- Brother or sister
- Legal guardianship (with proof of court order papers)
- Step-parents (can obtain stepchild birth certificate up to age 17 years & proof of marriage license)
Birth records are confidential for 75 years and death records for 25 years; therefore, issuance is restricted to qualified applicants. Please attach a photocopy of ID to application. Failure to provide the purpose in obtaining the record and relationship to the applicant in the request, when the applicant is not the person named on the record, will result in the application being rejected or delayed in processing.
HOW DO I OBTAIN A BIRTH/DEATH CERTIFICATE? Obtaining a birth or death certificate from another state
For out-of-state birth or death certificates,
please visit the National Center for Health Statistics site
on Where to Write for Vital Records.
- In order to obtain a Birth Certificate you MUST BE A QUALIFIED APPLICANT & the following information is required:
- Name of person on record.
- Date of Birth.
- Parents Name, Mother's maiden name.
- County Born.
- Photo Copy of your drivers license.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Money order for $23.00.
Effective December 1, 2005: Cost will be $23/copy.
- Phone number where you can be reached between 8am-5pm
- Come by the Vital Statistics Office, Room 102 in City Hall, 1625 13th Street and pick up a Birth Certificate Application Form or print the On-Line Application.