The following terms, as used herein, shall be assigned the following meanings:
- “Cemetery” shall mean the cemetery owned and operated by the City of Lubbock.
- “Interment” shall mean entombment or burial of the remains of a deceased person.
- “Mausoleum” shall mean any mausoleum located in the Cemetery that is owned by the City of Lubbock.
- “Memorial” shall mean any marker, monument, headstone, name plate, or other structure placed on a grave, crypt, or niche space for the purposes of identification or in memory of the deceased interred therein.
- “Owner” shall mean the owner of Cemetery property as indicated by deed or other instrument issued by the City of Lubbock.
- “Remains” shall mean either human remains or cremated human remains.
- “Space” shall mean the area of ground, crypt, or niche space normally designed for a single interment.
- “Supervisor” shall mean the person duly appointed by the City of Lubbock for the purpose of supervising and administering Cemetery functions.