If you have LOST
an animal in Lubbock, there are several steps that should be taken for the safety of the animal as well as the public.
1 – Visit the Animal Shelter, IMMEDIATELY. Many animals look identical at the Shelter and only YOU can correctly identify your pet. That is why Lubbock Animal Services requires owners to visit the shelter and search for their pet. Lubbock Animal Shelter houses an average of 100 stray dogs and 50 cats per day.
- Dogs with traceable identification such as microchips, registration tags, personal tags will be located at 3323 SE Loop 289. The Animal Shelter makes every attempt to find the owner of tagged or micro chipped animals. However, the owner must have registered their current information with their vet or microchip company if we are to be successful.
- Dogs without traceable identification such as microchips, registration tags, personal tags will be located at 3323 SE Loop 289.
- Cats with or without traceable identification will be located at 3323 SE Loop 289.
2 – Contact area publications such as Lubbock Avalanche Journal at (806) 762-8844 to place an ad pertaining to the lost animal (some publications offer this is a free service). Animals with traceable identification are held for 10 days while animals without traceable identification are held for 3 days.
Lubbock Animal Services recognizes the following as a tagged animal:
- Personal tag with owner info
- City registration license tag (sometimes called a “rabies tag”)
3323 SE Loop 289
Hours of Public Operation
Mon through Fri: 8am – 6pm (adoptions, redemptions, receiving cats, traps)
Saturday: 12pm – 4pm (all site services)
Closed Sundays and Holidays