On behalf of the animals and staff at Lubbock Animal Services, thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. Our volunteers are a critical part of our organization and all of our volunteer positions have one goal - to help the animals in our care. We look forward to having you join our team!
We do require a volunteer application on file. See the links section below for a copy of the application. A background check and drug screening is required of volunteer applicants paid for by the City of Lubbock. Minimum volunteer age is 16 with some programs requiring the volunteer to be 21. The volunteer programs we currently offer are listed below: OPPORTUNITIES:
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT: Various computer oriented duties to advertise adoption animals, keep web site updated with photographs, input data and print reports that volunteers use daily.
- FRONT DESK GREETER/KENNEL GREETER: Greeting and directing visitors is vital! Greet and assist customer as they enter the shelter. Are they looking for their own lost pet? Do they want to adopt a new furry family member? Help them find their way around.
- PLAYING WITH A DOG : What's better than spending time playing with a furry friend? Become a volunteer and take adoption dogs out to our play area to run and play.
You must be comfortable with all sized dogs; some dog experience is helpful. The dogs have good hearts, but not always good leash manners. Exercise is one key to keeping them healthy and happy while at the shelter. And most importantly their time outside with the volunteers releases some of their energy so they visit better with prospective adopters.
- CAT CUDDLING: Cat lovers, this volunteer position is for you! Imagine spending a couple of hours doing nothing but playing and loving adoption cats! It's fun for the volunteer and awesome for the cats and kittens. Sometimes the cats want to play and some just want to be snuggle bugs and be held and petted. Some experience with cats is encouraged.
- GROOMING: Help the animals at the shelter look their best for their potential owners! We are looking for professional or amateur groomers to bath and groom our animal friends. We can provide the equipment or you may supply your own.
- Age requirement: You must be 21 years or older to do this program
Physical requirement: Load and transport animals to Petsmart, load and unload collapsible kennels, contact with animals and the public
Commitment: Saturdays 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Lubbock Animal Services gladly accepts donations for our animals. Cash donations are deposited into the Animal Services Fund and will only be used by this department.
Donations may be used for any program, service or purchase that benefits the animals including, but not limited to, facility improvements, medical care for ill or injured animals, services for hard-to-place animals, or any of the services chosen by Lubbock Animal Services.
Gifts or memorials: Finding the perfect gift for an animal lover just got easier! Give a monetary donation to Lubbock Animal Services and the gift recipient will receive a notification of the special donation in his/her name. Donations can also be made in the memory of a loved one or favorite pet that has passed away.
Planned Giving: For more information on Planned giving such as Bequests, Life Insurance donations, Securities, Real Estate, Living trusts, Flowers 'in lieu of' etc; and for more information and ideas, we recommend you contact a professional legal advisor.
3323 SE Loop 289
Hours of Public Operation
Mon through Fri: 8am – 6pm (adoptions, redemptions, receiving cats, traps)
Saturday: 12pm – 4pm (all site services)
Closed Sundays and Holidays