Construction sites are required by the TPDES Construction General Permit Number TXR150000 to minimize their impact on adjacent streets and properties. Some of the common issues observed with construction sites include:
• Vehicle tracking in the streets
• Sediment along the curb and gutter
• Poor housekeeping, construction materials in the streets
• Improper storage of materials
• Improper disposal of personal trash
• Lack of BMPs (Best Management Practices) in place
Stormwater Management will investigate the issue, notify the Construction Site Operator concerning the reported violation, and if necessary the site will be cleaned up at the expense of the offending party.
Details about Figures below
In these pictures, you can see the large amount of sediment in the streets and alley. Streets and alleys serve as means of conveyance for stormwater. When it rains, all of this sediment will be carried through the stormwater system and out to the canyon and playa lakes. This sediment will reduce the amount of volume carried by the stormwater system, thereby increasing the likelihood of a flood.
|Figure 1 |
|Figure 2 |
1625 13th Street, Room # 107
Lubbock, Texas 79401
PO Box 2000
Lubbock, TX 79457