ONLY items properly prepared and sorted can be recycled!
Hours of Operation
Monday-Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* Closed during City of Lubbock Holidays
Southside: 1631 84th St.
West of Avenue P
Northside: 208 Municipal Dr.
4th Street Exit From I-27, Follow Road Signs
(Across from Meadowbrook Golf Course)
South Milwaukee: 7308 Milwaukee
(73rd & Milwaukee, west of the Water ground storage reservoir)
North Quaker: 4307 Adrian Street
(N. Quaker & Adrian, north of the Water ground storage reservoir)
How to Prepare Items for Recycling
- Unloading of material will be the responsibility of the citizen.
- Place recyclables in proper bin and follow directions on bin.
- NO bin for a certain item means that item is not accepted and that item should be placed in the trash dumpster.
- DO NOT place unaccepted items in with similar recyclables as this will contaminate the entire bin.
- Trash dumpsters are for trash incidental to recycling.
- Using dumpsters for household or business garbage constitutes Theft of Service and Illegal Dumping. Violators will be identified and prosecuted under Texas Penal Code 31.04 and Texas Health and Safety Code 365.012.
- PAPER – DRY & UNSOILED
Computer paper, white and pastel office paper. NO fluorescent or cardstock papers.
- NEWSPAPER – DRY & UNSOILED
Newspaper. NO magazines.
- CARDBOARD & PASTEBOARD BOXES – DRY & UNSOILED
Corrugated cardboard boxes and cereal or dinner pasteboard boxes. Place all boxes in big container marked CARDBOARD. All boxes should be broken down and flattened. NO dirty boxes such as pizza boxes.
- ALUMINUM – RINSE & CRUSH
Beverage aluminum cans. NO foil wrap, tin pie pans, or other aluminum items.
- STEEL/TIN FOOD & BEVERAGE CANS
Remove lids and easily removable labels and rinse.
- PLASTIC BOTTLES & JUGS
All plastic containers: remove caps, lids, and easily removable labels. Rinse and flatten container.
Clear and tinted plastic bottles and jugs:
Soft drink, water & beverage cans with PET#1 imprinted on bottom.
Opaque Natural Plastic bottles and jugs:
Milk, water, and other beverage bottles and jugs.
Colored Plastic bottles and jugs:
Detergent jugs, bleach jugs
Other items are accepted for recycling, but require drop-off with an attendant and sign-in as proof of residence.
- Used Motor Oil & Filters, and used antifreeze - NO FUEL mixtures! Under 5 gallons only.
- Vehicle Batteries - Northside & Southside only - limit 2 per year per address.
- Auto Tires - Four passenger vehicle tires without rims will be accepted at the Northside and Southside - limit 4 per year per address.
- Household Cooking Grease - Southside only (or absorb completely in Kitty Litter and discard in dumpster.)
- Computers & Cell Phones - Southside only
Items NOT accepted at Drop-Off Locations
Available at Southside Recycling Drop-off Center:
- NO motor oil containers.
- NO margarine or other tub-type containers.
- NO plastic sacks.
- NO Styrofoam.
- NO Lids, caps, plastic wide-mouth tubs, plastic trays, plastic toys, poison or pesticide bottles.
Free Mulch available to the public. - available at 1631 84th Street Drop-off Location.
Large quantities can be obtained at the Caliche Canyon Landfill.
Please bring your own shovel and containers for loading these materials. Users are responsible for loading their mulch. Christmas Tree Recycling
Beginning, December 26th, the Solid Waste Services department will offer residents fresh cut Christmas tree Drop-off Recycling at the 2 permanent drop-off locations. Residents need to remove all decorations, metal stand, and any plastic before placing the fresh-cut Christmas tree in the roll-off located outside the gates at the 208 Municipal Drive and 1631 84th Street drop-off locations.
After January 13th and throughout the month of January, the roll-offs will be located inside the gates and residents can drop-off fresh-cut Christmas trees from
8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday - Saturday.