The Community Development Department sets forth requirements and procedures with respect to approving contractors to be placed on a list of eligible firms or individuals approved to perform rehabilitation work under the Lubbock Rehabilitation Program and other CDBG & HOME funded programs. Criteria has been established to monitor Contractors that have been placed on an approved list to assure that they continue to be acceptable. "New Contractor" Applications are taken from January 1 through March 31 each year for approval to work in the following Community Development year which begins October 1. In order to be an approved Contractor with the City of Lubbock's Community Development Department, the following requirements must be met:
The contractor must register with Texas Residential Construction Commission, for information visit http://www.trcc.state.tx.us For additional information, please contact:
- HUD Clearance - with submission of Contractor's name, Social Security number to the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Liability Insurance - All Contractors will carry General Liability with Completed Operations in a minimum amount of $100,000, naming the City of Lubbock as an insured.
- Proof of Good Credit
- Financial Requirements - The Contractor must maintain financial ability and stability to complete a project with one 50% draw during the duration of the project and a 40% draw after the completion of the project with a 10% retainment held for 30 days after the owner of the project has signed the completion form.
- Past Performance - Community Development Department will check references and make such inquiries it deems necessary to determine all Contractors have ability, experience and a satisfactory work record before admission to a list of approved bidders.
- Licenses - Contractors must have current licenses as required by State Law and local ordinances.
Monday - Friday:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
1611 10th Street
Lubbock, TX 79401
City of Lubbock
PO Box 2000
Lubbock, TX 79457